David A. Love is a writer and human rights advocate based in Philadelphia. He is the Executive Editor of BlackCommentator.com, a contributor to theGrio, The Progressive, The Huffington Post and The Guardian. David writes on matters of politics, race, criminal justice, civil rights and human rights.
David has extensive experience working on prisoners’ rights, police brutality, voting rights and other issues, and has lectured around the world on the human rights challenges facing the U.S. Previously, David was the Executive Director of Witness to Innocence, a national nonprofit organization of exonerated former U.S. death row prisoners and their families. He also served as the Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus, working with state legislators in the Pennsylvania General Assembly on prison reform and alternatives to incarceration, racial inequities in healthcare, hate crimes and the disparate impact of cuts to public education on poor communities.
David received a B.A. in East Asian Studies from Harvard College. He also received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and a certificate in International Human Rights Law from the University of Oxford, with a specialization in minority group rights. David also served as law clerk to two federal judges.
During our conversation, David shared about the following topics:
– Where his love for social justice came from
– The start, where it is at and the future of #BlackLivesMatter movement
– What non-blacks and blacks are telling him about the #BlackLivesMatters movement
– His thoughts on if there is a divide between younger and older Black Americans
– The conservative backlash against police brutality accusations and the American justice system
– His concerns about the growing conservative moment’s effect on #BlackLivesMatter and the criminal justice system
– How successful are conservatives trying to attract Latin American support
– The remaining days of Barack Obama as president of the United States
– the need for change in following areas: the grand jury system, prosecuters being put in jail, diversifying the legal profession, removing the impact of money out on the political system, decriminalization of drugs
– His message to non-black and black America
You can connect with David via:
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com
Please feel free to “Like” the “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook fan page at “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook Fan Page
God bless, peace, be well and keep the faith,
Producer of Google+ Hangouts – The Good Men Project
The Dr. Vibe Show At “The Good Men Project”
Dr. Vibe on HuffPost Live – August 2, 2013
2013 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2012 Black Weblog Award Winner (Best International Blog)
2012 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2011 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best International Blog and Best Podcast Series)
Black Blog Of The Day – Black Bloggers Network – June 23, 2011
Twitter hashtag: #DrVibe
The Dr. Vibe Show – iTunes
Dr. Vibe Media – You Tube
The Dr. Vibe Show – Stitcher Radio
Linkedin – Dr. Vibe Show
“The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook Fan Page
Most Viewed Posts Over The Last 24 Hours:
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Mo’Nique Wants Black People To Boycott Netflix. Will You Join Her?
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: After 1 Year Of Trump, America Is Losing Its Soul
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Live Tonight At 9 P.M. Eastern/6 P.M. Pacific – Do You Know What Time It Is…?
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Black Incomes Have Fallen Further Behind Whites For The Entire 21st Century
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Ohenewa Akuffo – The Truth Conference 2016
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Cleon “CJ” Joseph “Navigating Through The Valleys Of Success: A Perspective In The Thick Of It”
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Corey Booker Gets Emotional Grilling Kirstjen Nielson On President Trump’s Comments 1/16/18
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: No, Trump’s Approval Among Black Americans Hasn’t Doubled
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Will America Ever Have A #MeToo-Style Reckoning For Racism?
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: “Shithole” Countries, Donald Trump’s Latest Racist Tirade, Explained