If you would like to listen to an audio only version of our conversation, please click on the “>” button on the player below the video image at the top of this post.
LeRon L. Barton is a writer from Kansas City, Mo that currently resides in San Francisco, Ca. He has been writing poetry, screenplays, and short stories since he was way young. LeRon’s essays have appeared in Salon, The Good Men Project, Those People, Alternet, SF Bayview, Buzzfeed, Gorilla Convict, and Elephant Journal. His first book, Straight Dope: A 360 degree look into American drug culture was released in Feb 2013. LeRon’s new book, All We Really Need Is Love: Stories of dating, relationships, heartbreak, and marriage is available at Amazon.
Mr. Barton was on our show talking about his article Should Black People Call the Police?.
During our conversation Mr. Barton talked about:
– The reason why he wrote the article
– Some of his experiences with the police
– What did his parents tell him about dealing with the police and “The Talk”
– What does he feel the role of police is in today’s society
– Does he feel a good police officer exists?
– The fact that 49% of the felony arrests are Black people when only 4% of the population of San Francisco is Black
– Do older Blacks have a different opinion of the police than younger Blacks?
– Does he believe in community policing in Black neighbourhoods
You can connect with Mr. Barton via:
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com
Please feel free to “Like” the “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook fan page here
God bless, peace, be well and keep the faith,
Producer of Google+ Hangouts – The Good Men Project
The Dr. Vibe Show™ At “The Good Men Project”
One of the first Brand Ambassador’s – Cuisine Noir Magazine
The Dr. Vibe Show™ Channel
Dr. Vibe – Producer And Co-host of Black Men Talking On WJMS Radio
Dr. Vibe on HuffPost Live – August 2, 2013
2013 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2012 Black Weblog Awards Winner (Best International Blog)
2012 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2011 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best International Blog and Best Podcast Series)
Black Blog Of The Day – Black Bloggers Network – June 23, 2011
Twitter hashtag: #DrVibe
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – iTunes
Dr. Vibe Media – You Tube
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – Stitcher Radio
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – TuneIn Radio
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – Google Play Music
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – iHeartRadio
Linkedin – The Dr. Vibe Show™
The Dr. Vibe Show Facebook Fan Page
Most Viewed Posts Over The Last 24 Hours:
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Why There’s A Chronic Lack Of Diversity At Oxford And Cambridge
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Steve Kiges – Learn To Be A Coach – “How Does A Coach Learn And Evolve?”
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Josephine Casey – 3rd Annual MS Fundraising Dinner – May 30, 2016
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Josephine Casey – 2nd Annual Life’s Poetry Conference – February 7, 2016
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Josephine Casey – 4th Annual MS Fundraising Dinner – May 6, 2017
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: An Open Letter To White Statues From Black America
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Straight Black Men Are The White People Of Black People
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Do You Know What Time It Is…? – March 30, 2014
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Live Tonight At 9 P.M. Eastern/6 P.M. Pacific – Do You Know What Time It Is…?
- The Dr. Vibe Show: Ava Thompson Greenwell – Jordan Davis, Trayvon Martin And The ‘Threatening’ Black Male