Aisha K. Staggers has been writing since middle school. She had her first major publication in her local newspaper’s entertainment section while a sophomore in high school, a publication in another state paper followed. Aisha has been contributing to various paper, magazines and textbooks for over 15 years.
In addition to her time as an instructor of social sciences in higher education, Aisha has served as a director of education and policy research centers, and on the staff of legislative commissions. Aisha previously served on the Executive Board of the CT Young Democrats Women’s Caucus and has remained active in politics and public policy. She is an alumni of Albertus Magnus College and Fisk University where she earned Bachelor’s in Communications and Master’s Degree in Psychology, respectively, and completed the Education Policy Fellowship Program in 2008.
Currently, Aisha is Senior Editor for BookTrib, a division of the literary public relations firm, Meryl Moss Media and a HuffPost contributor. In addition to her own work, Aisha has written liner notes for a Prince tribute album, I Wish U Heaven released December 25 and available on YouTube. In 2018, she will be contributing to scholarly work on Prince and the Minneapolis Sound and sitting on an NYU panel for a conference commemorating the 30th anniversary of his Lovesexy album.
While Aisha enjoys writing about music, she feels the most critical discussions we can have today are centered around race and intersectionality because “you can’t fix a problem you don’t acknowledge, and not acknowledging the plight of women of color and specifically Black women is a problem.”
Recently, Ms. Staggers was on our show talking about her two articles Why America Needs to Listen to Black Women and On Healing Black Girl Pain: My Conversation with Dr. Consuela Ward.
During our conversation, Ms. Staggers talked about:
– Growing up in New Haven, Connecticut and dealing with racism
– Some of the values that her parents instilled in her including her father’s musical influence on her
– Some of the great books that she read at a young age
– What caused her to find her voice
– Some of her early writing experiences including how she did not enjoy writing at the start
– The story behind the article
– How Black women have been left out of the media and political discussions
– The rise of Black women in politics
– The relationship between Black and White women in America today
– Why has America have not listened to Black women but are listening now
– As a Black women was is her message to: White male America, white female America, Black male America, the Republican party, Democratic party and Black women
– Her thoughts on America’s future
You can find more about Ms. Staggers via:
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com
Please feel free to “Like” the “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook fan page at “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook Fan Page
God bless, peace, be well and keep the faith,
Producer of Google+ Hangouts – The Good Men Project
The Dr. Vibe Show™ At “The Good Men Project”
One of the first Brand Ambassador’s – Cuisine Noir Magazine
The Dr. Vibe Show™ Channel
Dr. Vibe – Producer And Co-host of Black Men Talking On WJMS Radio
Dr. Vibe on HuffPost Live – August 2, 2013
2013 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2012 Black Weblog Awards Winner (Best International Blog)
2012 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2011 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best International Blog and Best Podcast Series)
Black Blog Of The Day – Black Bloggers Network – June 23, 2011
Twitter hashtag: #DrVibe
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – iTunes
Dr. Vibe Media – You Tube
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – Stitcher Radio
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – TuneIn Radio
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – Google Play Music
Linkedin – The Dr. Vibe Show™
“The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook Fan Page
Most Viewed Posts Over The Last 24 Hours:
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Mo’Nique Wants Black People To Boycott Netflix. Will You Join Her?
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: After 1 Year Of Trump, America Is Losing Its Soul
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Live Tonight At 9 P.M. Eastern/6 P.M. Pacific – Do You Know What Time It Is…?
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Black Incomes Have Fallen Further Behind Whites For The Entire 21st Century
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Ohenewa Akuffo – The Truth Conference 2016
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Cleon “CJ” Joseph “Navigating Through The Valleys Of Success: A Perspective In The Thick Of It”
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Corey Booker Gets Emotional Grilling Kirstjen Nielson On President Trump’s Comments 1/16/18
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: No, Trump’s Approval Among Black Americans Hasn’t Doubled
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Will America Ever Have A #MeToo-Style Reckoning For Racism?
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: “Shithole” Countries, Donald Trump’s Latest Racist Tirade, Explained