Families in Greater Toronto Area and Southern Ontario will no longer struggle to find a funeral home they can trust to give their loved ones the farewell they deserve. This November, New Haven Funeral Centre Inc. — Peel Region’s first Christian black-owned funeral centre opens its doors to the public. The two-day grand opening event will take place on November 11th from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., and November 12th from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The 30,000 sq. ft. contemporary-elegant boutique style facility, features four visitation suites, reception facilities, and a majestic chapel. New Haven’s aim is to create a heartfelt and positive experience for families who turn to them in their time of need or when planning in advance.
Founders, Dr. Lennox Walker and industry veteran Shelley Challenger, shared a vision of a full-service funeral centre that would prioritize faith-based services for families of all denominations. “It is our mission to bring God back to funeral services by providing a new standard of ministry for the Christian faith communities,” Challenger has said.
New Haven’s team includes licensed funeral directors with over 40 years of experience, as well as, on-site chaplains who will minister beyond funeral services by offering Christian grief counseling, last rites, mediation services, prayers requests, and pastoral support. The centre also offers funeral receptions,cultural gatherings, concierge services, health/wellness/real estate seminars, and anti-violence workshops. In addition, the centre will provide a first-class approach to estate and insurance planning to the community. New Haven is driven by a strong leadership and executive team, including Chairman Donovan McLean, and Managing Director, Shari Yearwood, both of whom are integral to the facility’s operation.
New Haven’s first day of opening festivities on November 11th will include public tours, traditional Caribbean cuisine and door prizes for attendees. In recognition of Remembrance Day, poppies will be provided and a moment of silence will be observed.
On Sunday, November 12th, guests can again experience guided public tours and enter for a chance to win a trip for two to Jamaica. The grand opening ceremony will begin at 3 pm and will be led by the Honour Guard with several dignitaries expected to attend.
Recently, Ms. Shelley Challenger and Ms. Shari Yearwood from New Haven Funeral Centre Inc. were on our show.
During our conversation, they talked about:
– Both ladies share some of their background including how they got into the funeral industry and how they met eighteen years ago
– What were the early days in the industry like for both of them
– How they become part of New Haven Funeral Centre Inc.
– Some of the things that make New Haven Funeral Centre Inc. unique
– Some of the challenges when one has to arrange a funeral
– How the funeral industry changed
– The variety of services that are offered at New Haven Funeral Centre Inc.
You can find out more about New Haven Funeral Centre Inc. via:
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to “Like” the “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook fan page at “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook Fan Page
God bless, peace, be well and keep the faith,
Producer of Google+ Hangouts – The Good Men Project
The Dr. Vibe Show™ At “The Good Men Project”
One of the first Brand Ambassador’s – Cuisine Noir Magazine
The Dr. Vibe Show™ Channel
Dr. Vibe – Producer And Co-host of Black Men Talking On WJMS Radio
Dr. Vibe on HuffPost Live – August 2, 2013
2013 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2012 Black Weblog Awards Winner (Best International Blog)
2012 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2011 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best International Blog and Best Podcast Series)
Black Blog Of The Day – Black Bloggers Network – June 23, 2011
Twitter hashtag: #DrVibe
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – iTunes
Dr. Vibe Media – You Tube
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – Stitcher Radio
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – TuneIn Radio
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – Google Play Music
Linkedin – The Dr. Vibe Show™
“The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook Fan Page
Most Viewed Posts Over The Last 24 Hours:
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Christine Hart
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Identity Politics Can’t Get Us Out Of The Mess Racism Made
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Poverty In The GTA Wears Many Faces
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Live Tonight At 9 P.M. Eastern/6 P.M. Pacific – Dr. Stephen de Wit
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Even The “Most Multicultural City in The World“ Suffers From Racism And Police Abuses
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: D. Channsin Berry “‘The Black Line’ profile of the African-American Women-Part 3 A Journey of Passion, Truth, and Race.”
- The Dr.Vibe Show: Cher Jones "Socially Active"
- The Dr.Vibe Show: Rebroadcast of The Media Huddle's "Follow Me: Fitting Into A Social World" – Wednesday, November 23, 2011
- The Dr. Vibe Show: D. Channsin Berry
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: New Haven Funeral Centre Inc.